FROM THE TREASURER:
In order help the school year run smoothly, please follow the below listed guidelines when giving money to the PTA or requesting a reimbursement.
1. Please make all checks payable to DeMasi Elementary PTA unless otherwise specified.
2. In the memo section of your check, please list the specific fundraiser or event the check is for (i.e. Membership, Clothing Sale, Entertainment Books, etc.).
3. When working on a committee and making purchases, please make sure you have the “Tax Exempt Form” with you. We are a non-profit organization and are exempt from paying sales tax. A copy of this form will be on the PTA website at www.pta-des.org. Please note no sales tax will be reimbursed, so be sure to have it with you when shopping for PTA supplies.
|4. When making purchases for an event or committee, keep all receipts and fill out the Expense Reimbursement Form (on the PTA website). The committee chairperson needs to sign the reimbursement form before submitting for reimbursement. Please also be sure to keep copies of the reimbursement form and all receipts for your records.|
5. When making purchases, please do not mix PTA purchases with your own. Make sure all PTA purchases are on their own receipt.
6. All expense reimbursement requests must be submitted to the Treasurer within 45 days.
7. When sending in cash or checks, please put them in an envelope with your child’s teacher and grade and what the payment is for. This will help to expedite getting it to who it needs to go to.
8. Committee Chairs in need of the cash box for an event or fundraiser must get your request to me no later than 1 week in advance of the event. On our website you will find the Cash Box Request Form to help you in requesting exactly what you need for the event.
9. All money collected at an event or fundraiser must be counted immediately following the event or fundraiser by two people (not related to one another). With the Cash Box Request Form you will
find a form for use when counting the money.
10. When a cash box is used, it must be returned to the Treasurer the next day with all money collected (or that night if the Treasurer is present).
11. Please have all money collected from fundraisers to the Treasurer within one week of receipt.
12. If you have any questions about the finances please feel free to contact the Treasurer directly. She can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance. We are looking forward to another fun and successful year!
Like us on Facebook!